Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 70 minutes
These pulled jackfruit and magic mushroom tacos offer a creative twist on tacos. These tacos feature tender, shredded jackfruit with sautéed psilocybin mushrooms for a unique flavor profile.
Originating from Southeast Asia, jackfruit has a texture similar to meat when cooked. It's commonly used as a vegan alternative to pulled pork. It's also low in calories but rich in fiber making it a healthy and nutritious choice. The jackfruit is perfectly seasoned with a blend of spices like cumin, chili powder and smoked paprika adding undertones and mild spiciness to the dish.
It's important to note that the magic mushrooms used in this recipe contain psilocybin – a compound that can induce altered states of consciousness. Consuming psilocybin mushrooms carries health and ethical considerations and should only be done under professional supervision or where it is legally permitted. When combined with the hearty jackfruit, savory mushrooms and fresh toppings of your choice these tacos create an experience suitable, for any occasion.
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1/2 onion finely chopped + 1/2 onion sliced
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce
1/2 can of chopped tomatoes
A drained can (20 ounces) of young jackfruit, in brine
1/2 cup of water
Approximately 1 gram of ground shrooms
4 hard shell tacos
Sliced avocado for topping
Fresh cilantro for serving
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the finely chopped onion. Cook until it becomes soft which usually takes 10 minutes.
2. Add the ground cinnamon. Smoked paprika to the onions. Allow them to cook together for 2 minutes.
3. Incorporate the BBQ sauce chopped tomatoes, drained jackfruit and water into the pan. Simmer gently for 45 minutes.
4. Using a fork shred the jackfruit. Mix in the ground ‘shrooms.
5. Divide this mixture among the taco shells.
6. Top each taco with avocado sliced onion and fresh cilantro.
This recipe is courtesy of “The Psilocybin Chef Cookbook,” by Dr. K Mandrake and Virginia Haze.