Embark on a journey with this irresistible recipe for Shroom & Squash Burgers.
This delectable dish brings together the flavors of psilocybin mushrooms and the subtle sweetness of squash resulting in a burger that's both hearty and satisfying. Whether you follow a lifestyle or simply enjoy exploring plant-based options these burgers will surely captivate your taste buds, leaving you yearning for more.
Prepare yourself for a combination of textures and flavors, in every mouthwatering bite. Let's delve into the realm of fungi and wholesome squash as we create this burger!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 90 minutes
500 grams of butternut squash (peeled, seeds removed)
1/2 cup of oats
2/3 cup of wheat gluten
1/2 cup of cooked bulgur wheat
2 grams of dried ‘shrooms OR
20 grams of chopped fresh ‘shrooms
1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds
A small bunch of chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon cumin powder
1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1/2 tablespoon onion powder
A pinch each of dried oregano and dried basil
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Begin by cutting the butternut squash into 1-inch cubes. Drizzle oil over the squash. Sprinkle it with herbs and spices.
3. Place the squash in the oven. Roast for approximately 30 minutes remembering to stir once or twice during cooking.
4. After 30 minutes add pumpkin seeds to the roasted squash along with a dash of vinegar. Give it a stir. Continue roasting for an additional 15 minutes.
5. Allow the squash to cool for 10 minutes then combine oats and wheat gluten in a large bowl. If desired you can also add dried mushrooms at this stage.
6. Once the roasted squash is cool enough to handle blend it until smooth using a blender or food processor. Don't worry if there are some chunks of seed remaining. If you want to include the fresh mushrooms add them now. Blend together with the squash mixture until well combined. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
7. Roughly chop cilantro and mix it into the ingredients along with the pureed squash mixture plus the cooked bulgur wheat.
8. Stir all of these ingredients together until well combined then use your hands to shape burger patties.
9. Heat a pan on your stovetop. Fry each burger patty gently flipping them over occasionally to avoid burning.
This recipe is sourced from “The Psilocybin Chef Cookbook” by Dr.K Mandrake & Virginia Haze.